Welcome to the website of the Music Department of St Richard Reynolds Catholic College. We are proud that our college has a specialism in Music and we believe music is vital in bringing together intellect and feeling, and enabling personal expression and emotional development. Music permeates the life of the College; pupils participate in Masses, weekly singing assemblies, concerts and trips, and there is a thriving co-curricular programme.
Amazingly, we are now starting our fifth year here at St Richard Reynolds and we are thrilled with how our Music Department has thrived since its setup; we have so many amazing students to be proud of and lots of exciting musical projects and opportunities for all of our students to get involved in.
Here are some highlights of our most recent news and opportunities;
- We have recently performed Fauré’s Requiem at St Mary’s University Chapel, which included Chamber Choir, Parent Choir, SRRCC Primary pupils, accompaniment from professional musicians and pupils from other local primary schools
- Pupils have recently performed wonderfully in Richmond Music Trust projects – Richmond Prom for our Orchestra and Live@ The Rose for our Gospel Choir and selected soloists
- We have now started three new Theory Classes to ensure that pupils can develop their Music Theory skills throughout their growth as musicians; Miss Moss, our new Music Specialism Support Assistant, is teaching the advanced theory class ‘Grade 5 Theory Bootcamp!’ (focussing on Grade 5 and then beyond!) on Tuesday mornings from 8.15 and Theory for Secondary Students Grades 1-4 on Wednesdays at 8.15. Miss Summerfield, our new singing teacher, will be teaching the Beginners’ Theory Class for Primary Pupils, Grades 1 – 4 on Thursday mornings from 8.15.
- Recitals have been held for our instrumentalists and singers through the term
- Miss Moss has been leading exam coaching sessions to help our pupils who are taking their ABRSM exams this summer
- We have had amazing performances here from our Piano teacher Mr Booth, alongside Violinist Julia Dräger, in lunchtime concerts for our pupils to attend
- Mr Booth has now started a wonderful Advanced Musicianship Class on Friday mornings